Talk about a rock and a hard place. My choice is my digital nudity on some poorly-secured (or intentionally insecure) hard drive, or a genital groping after receiving a lecture about security theater and terrorism. All of this from an administration that repeatedly fails its own security tests. Actually, it looks like I don’t have to worry so much as a disproportionately large number of “random” screenings tend to be attractive young women. I guess that makes it better?
Again, the EFF is doing great work in educating the public and showing how some elements of the government just don’t understand how technology works. Keep up the good work, EFF, and I promise I will donate when I have spare cash again.
Also, I recently discovered “My Brother, My Brother and Me,” a humor and advice podcast for the modern era. I generally have been listening to two comedy podcasts: “Jordan! Jesse! Go!” and “Stop Podcasting Yourself.” MBMBAM, as the cool babies call it, has quickly joined their ranks of funny awesomeness that cause me to get weird looks on the subway when I laugh out loud. To my fellow commuters I say, “Get over it!” At least I’m not talking to myself.
I’ve added a few other comedy podcasts to try out and see if they stick. None have quite grabbed me like MBMBAM, yet. But the Bugle is pretty good and looks like the best contender to make the cut. The Bugle doesn’t have the amazing opening theme song that MBMBAM has, but it does have awesome British accents. Tough call there.
This isn’t the only reason, but it’s the main one.
Is my kitten Charlotte playing with a ping pong ball in the tub:
Also this guy put together playlists of complete episodes of the Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight. Warning, you may lose several days of your life watching these. I miss Joel Grey!
Things are super busy around here. Hopefully I can post more regularly again when they calm down. But the short list:
- Moved to Virginia with Lynn
- Attempting to sell the Condo in DE
- Got a software engineering job with Carr Astronautics
- Proposed to Lynn at Great Falls National Park in NoVA
- Started planning the wedding and honeymoon
- Walked around downtown DC a few times
- Visited the Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport
- Bought some suits from Jos. A. Bank.
- Visited my sister’s new place
- Bought Civ 5, but haven’t played it, yet
- Wrote some Erlang at work for text parsing and system prototyping
- Started a MUD server skeleton in Erlang
I’ll be back!
Speaking of attack helicopters, and, really, when aren’t we speaking of attack helicopters?
My brother-in-law is in the Marine Corps and gets to work on the JSF daily. I’d be happy to get a ride in either one, really.
As many of you are probably aware, I am engaged!! Lynn and I have booked the lovely Thomas Birkby House (http://www.birkbyhouse.com/) for May 2011, and we are incredibly excited about it.
In addition, Lynn and I really need everyone’s help. A photographer that we really like, Valerie Demo Photography, is having a contest – the prize is a FREE $1,000 wedding photography package for our wedding.
ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT IN THE CONTEST!!!! It’s all on facebook, and it’s really quick and easy.
1. Search for “Valerie Demo Photography” on facebook – or go to her facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/valeriedemophotography
2. Press the LIKE button at the top of her page.
3. Go to this album image of Lynn and I and LIKE it!
4. Tell all of your friends, PLEASE!
5. Now you’re done!
The competition is really, really close. So please vote now! Thank you very much!
“U.S. District Judge Kimba Wood, for the Southern District of New York, on Tuesday granted summary judgment in favor of the music industry’s claims that Lime Group, parent of LimeWire software maker Lime Wire, and founder Mark Gorton committed copyright infringement, engaged in unfair competition, and induced copyright infringement.”
In related news, swimming pool induces drowning, hammer induces murder and cars induce mailbox demolition.